radSAFERaleigh offers Nationally-Recognized
radKIDS Child Safety & Self-Defense
radKIDS provides education that enhances the ability of children and families to utilize knowledge, skills, and power to protect themselves from violence and harm. And it’s fun!
What Is radKIDS?
We’re a program designed for kids aged 5-11. We teach them how to stay safe in lots of different situations. AND, what makes radKIDS different from other kids’ safety programs is that we also teach physical techniques (designed by police officers and child safety experts) that any child can do to break away from an abductor and run to safety.
We meet 4 times. A bulleted listing of the material covered in each class meeting can be found in the following pages.
We use a variety of teaching techniques, so whether your child learns best visually, or by listening to stories, or through good old-fashioned running around and shouting, they’ll gain important information, and have a blast doing it!
Why do I need radKIDS?
- In one year, over 260,000 children will be abducted.
- Within 24 hours of being taken, 99% of these children will no longer be alive.
- 90% of students in grades 4 – 8 responded that they have been bullied at some point in their school career
- 10,000 children stay home from school at least once a month, fearing bullies
- 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 7 boys will be molested before age 18
- A typical molester will abuse 30 – 60 children before they are arrested — and as many as 380 during their lifetime.
- Our children must know how to protect themselves.
What Parents are Saying:
- The content was fantastic. We loved the way you handled difficult subjects! – Marianne P.
- I’m very pleased with the course! We have had many great discussions surrounding the content learned throughout the weeks as well. I highly recommend this course! – Michelle S.
- I think the class is great. It covers so many situations kids can get into. I had both my daughters take it. -Kim P.
- Our kids’ favorite part was learning the various punches and kicks, and the stories Miss Pam relayed to illustrate good and bad choices (drugs, etc.). Pam’s energy is another key part of the whole radKIDS experience — great!! -Mark J.
- My daughter always looked forward to the classes! And the Family Safety Manual made it easy for me to discuss issues with her that I didn’t know how to approach. -Patricia D.
- I know my son has come away with important information–he tells me what he learns after every class!
- The material is presented in a light, non-threatening way. All the topics are very important. Some, I hadn’t even thought of talking with my son about.
- The class was divided between instruction and practical skills. That’s what my kids like.
- She really enjoyed the course! She will definitely be attending another one in the future.
- We were very pleased with the course. You did an excellent job of getting through to our 5-year-old. Many thanks!
- This course was great. I would highly recommend it. Kids cannot start learning about safety early enough!
- And, a 6-year-old boy, when asked his favorite part of the class:
Punching the dummy!
For more information on classes at radSAFERaleigh, call (919) 673-9420
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org